About The School
Welcome to School of Chemical Sciences. We are happy to have you consider the great opportunity; we offer one of best career and great university experience. There is no better way to learn more about the School of Chemical Sciences than to visit an area of 28,500 sq. ft. building located in SRTM University campus. The School of Chemical Sciences is one the oldest schools started functioning in SRTM University. Distinct features of school are as:
- Highly qualified staff (14 faculty members with wide range of experience in India & Abroad)
- UGC, FIST and SAP supported programs
- Syllabus designed to compete with national and international standards
- Offer courses for M. Sc, M. Phil. and Ph. D. degree
- Research project as part of master degree (to acquire research insight to students)
- Industrial training to applied chemistry students hands on experience at industrial plants
- New innovative teaching methods (LCD projector, power point presentation, live demos, videos)
- Google SRTMU Chemistry Research Group for exchange of ideas, information, jobs, research articles etc. to assist student to keep updated with 21st Century information.
- Guest lecturers of eminent personalities in the fields of Science & Technology
- Industrial consultancy with Godavari Particle Board Industries Nanded, Explicit Chemical Pune, Radiant Industries Mumbai, and S M Biofuels Pune
- International collaborations with different research institutes and laboratories across globe (Hanyang University Korea, Malaysia University, National Chemical Laboratory Pune, etc)
- Counseling for placement to students in industry, academia higher studies etc
We offer master degree courses in six different specializations. Undergraduate students can get admission to different specializations based on their final year degree courses merit. Each specialization course is designed to develop the student in that area theoretically as well as practically so that after completion of course they can get jobs or join higher education.
Students who complete the master degree or doctorate degree can get jobs or placement in different area mentioned below.
- Analytical Chemist
- Chemical Education (Teaching job)
- Chemical Engineering
- Chemical Information Specialist
- Chemical Sales (Chemical business)
- Colloid and Surface Chemist
- Chemical Consultant
- Consumer Product Chemist
- Environmental Chemist
- Entrepreneur (Set up business)
- Food and Flavor Chemist
- Forensic Chemist
- Hazardous Waste Management (Safety expert)
- Inorganic Chemist
- Material Scientist
- Medicinal Chemist
- Organic Chemist
- Oil and Petroleum Chemist
- Physical Chemist
- Polymer Chemist
- Pulp and Paper Chemist
- Quality control chemist
- R & D Management (Research Scientist)
- Science Writing (Patent attorney)
- Textile Chemist
- Water Chemist
Apart from the teaching research and development is another core area school focuses a lot. It has proven track record for research publications in peer reviewed reputed international scientific journals and national and international patents. School of Chemical Sciences has active research collaboration with most of reputed research laboratories, institutes across the globe for interdisciplinary research work. M. Phil and Ph D degrees will be awarded to research scholars. Our research findings are mainly supported by UGC, DST, CSIR etc. funding agencies.
Come and visit the school and look in to your future a wonderful opportunity to shape your future and career.
"I never teach my pupil. I only attempt to provide the conditions in which they can learn".
- Albert Einstein
Ashok D. Sagar (Ph D)
Professor & Director
School of Chemical Sciences