National Service Scheme
Report of the NSS activities
- District-wise & University wise N.S.S. Programme Officer meeting were
organised every year for planning of N.S.S. activities.
- NS.S. Advisory Board Meeting were arranged two times every year for
Sanctioning the budget and other innovative activities
- District-wise Youth Leadership Development Camps were organised every year
in order to develop leadership qualities and development of personality of N.S.S.
Volunteers.(50 volunteers in each camp)
- Organised the University level N.S.S. Girls Volunteers Workshop every year in
order to develop an attitude of equality amongst girls. This is the unique and
permanent feature of this University.
- Organised evaluation conferences for N.S.S. Programme Officer every year for
evaluation of N.S.S. activities.
- Organised Art of living camps in every districts of this university in order to
develop the life style education.
- Focused more emphasis on AIDS awareness programme in order to create the
awareness amongst N.S.S. Volunteers and the community.
- N.S.S. open unit has also been founded in Nanded. 50 senior citizens are
regularising their services for the welfare of the community.
- Deputed N.S.S. volunteers to National Integration Camps and other camps in
other Universities representing this region. N.S.S. dept. of this University
organized university level camps and workshops on Disaster Management &
- CARD ( Combined Approach to Rural Development) Scheme has been started in
3 villages in all the three districts of the University area. (N.S.S. & Nehru Yuva
- Nature clubs have been started in 12 N.S.S. affiliated colleges in the University
area in order to create the awareness of hazards created by all the types of
pollution. A workshop was arranged in the University in this regard.
- Blood donation camps were arranged in every NSS affiliated college every year
and the collected blood was given to certified blood banks in all the district places
of Swami Ramanand Teerth Marathwada University area.
- NSS special camping programmes on various themes were arranged as per the
recommendations of the State and Central Govt., particularly in Deepavali
- Watershed management and wasteland development, communal harmony,
literacy, health services, small family, personality development, pulse-polio,
national integration, eradication of superstition, ecological balance, healthy
society, Youth for Swachata, Youth for Jalsaksharta, Youth for Disaster
Management, Drive against all types of addiction, are some of the areas in which
the NSS unit of S.R.T.M. University, has done appreciable work .
- Arranged district-wise study tours of NSS volunteers to see the social utility
projects in Maharashtra in order to have a model before the NSS volunteers so
that they should inculcate moral and social values.
- Annuval reports were published by the NSS unit of Swami Ramanand Teerth
Marathwada University, Nanded.
- The S.R.T.M.University, has been awarded NSS ‘Indira Gandhi National Award’
98-99 for reconstruction of village at quake affected area of Latur Dist. This is
real, ideal village free from the barriers like cast, creed etc. This reconstructed
ideal village, is named as ‘Rashtriya Sevagram’.
- Arranged Workshops on Swachata Doots of Prog. Officers, at University leavel
& College leavel more than 1700 N.S.S. Swachata Doots participated in two days
Training Prog. with UNICEF.
- Arranged Blood donation Inter College Competition in this University with in
association with Red Cross Society blood bank
- The NSS authourity Govt. of India has declared the theme HEALTHY YOUTH
FOR HEALTHY INDIA for 3 years i.e. 2006-07, 2007-08 & 2008-09 and our
N.S.S. units have worked towords the fulfillment of these themes.